It's a New Year, and this new ministry is beginning to take shape. We are still praying and looking for a large home to rent. We're looking for a big home to comfortably house visiting YWAM outreach teams and the many Israelis we are hosting.
We're moving forward and starting up a few projects. If you're a YWAM Outreach team, feel free to email and ask how you can partner with us.
Check out what we're doing & starting:
1) H.I.T. (Hosting Israeli Tourists): We're staying with a family here in town, until we have our own ministry house. They are a HIT home and we often have a full house of Israelis! We've enjoyed showing them love & hospitality and engaging them in conversations about God.
2) Free Bibles: Starting this Saturday, we're setting up a table at the local craft market. We'll be giving away free Bibles, testimonies & devotionals to travellers. And we'll be praying for people & having good Jesus convos. It's our first one so we'll see how it goes.
3) Street Evangelism: On Sunday, the local Vineyard church does worship in the amphitheater, hands out tracts, prays for people and does a sausage sizzle. This week, we're joining them in reaching out to this community and those who pass through.
4) Backpacker Instagram: We're hoping to start a new project involving meeting backpackers, interviewing them to get 'their story', take a photo and post them on Instagram. My hope is that it will help people at home connect with the ministry & they can pray for specific backpackers. Also, it's a great way to meet people and share about Jesus.
5) Prayer walking over the town & Mt Fyffe: We're in the process of getting a prayer box approved for the top of Mt. Fyffe. Until that happens, we'd like to spend time going to the mountain and praying over the city.